Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nail Polish of the Week: Laced Up

So I finally got around to trying Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. I heard a lot of good things about these, many of the girls in my pattern making class had tried them and loved them.  I wasn't sure at first because they cost $10 for a set and I could buy a new nail color for $8. But you can get some pretty cool designs that you wouldn't be able to achieve with polish, so thats where I decided to go ahead and get some polish strips. 

 The stickers took me a few tries to get used to before getting the hang of it, I probably should have watched the video on the Sally Hansen website. I even decided to time myself, I think I ended up taking about 30 minutes to put them on. I heard other people only took them like 5 minutes.  None the less, they were still a lot quicker than when I paint my nails. 

The nails lasted me about 6 days, on the last day I had my interview for my internship, so I was plenty nervous and started picking at them. They probably would have lasted a little while longer had I not gotten nervous. 

I would probably do these again, but I would only do the prints, I wouldn't pay for the solid colored ones. 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails