Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It Lifts and Separates

 I may have mentioned, I've been consumed with school lately continuously working on projects. Well, this week as the semester draws to an end, so do my projects.

I think my favorite, but most intense class this semester has been pattern making. I spent many nights and countless hours in the classroom working hard on my patterns. My pattern work, wasn't as good as I would have liked. So when given the chance to challenge myself I went for it.

Our final project was to make a bustier foundation garment. We had to make a bustier with princess seams, or we could make a bustier with bra cups, which was a bit harder.

After my first sew up, I was starting to regret my decision. As you can see, the muslin was HUGE on Betty.
But it really wasn't that bad, it only had to be taken in... a lot. I did two complete muslin sew ups,  then the canvas/final sew up. I then had to replace a whole piece of the canvas, because apparently Betty is lopsided. I added a bra (a padded fabric, which we had to make ourselves) and some boning.... 
I am so incredibly happy with how it turned out! While I'm happy to have some free time, I already can't wait to get back to pattern making in the Spring!
bustier back

bustier class1

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails