Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Block Party

It feels like I have been working on my block for forever! But really its just been a couple of weeks. Last night, making copies of my pattern, I was amazed at  how far its come in a few short (very stressful) weeks.

We started out draping the muslin on the dress form, and came out with a fabric pattern piece.

Then we transfered the markings from the fabric to paper, from there we made corrections added seam allowances and cut and made our first sew up.

After the sew up, we did fittings. A few tweaks to the pattern later and we produced our block!

Now I can make tons of copies!

My block consists of five pieces: bodice front, bodice back, skirt front, skirt back and a sleeve. I am just displaying the bodice front piece though.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails