Friday, October 1, 2010

That Vintage Thing


Yesterday for my Visual Merchandising class we did a little project. There is a Vintage Sale every year to support the costume museum on campus, and in groups we set up displays with the clothing going on sale.  Behold my group's creation...

We found this awesome 1960's boatneck dress, in pink dupioni silk and paired it with a hat, white leather gloves and a gold belt. 
I thought the hat was the coolest thing! it was completely covered in feathers! 
And the gloves were the softest real leather, so pretty. 
My group was one of the first scheduled to set up displays, so I didn't get to see many of the others. Although there were some really cute ones already completed. 
I would have stuck around and looked through more clothes, but I had to get to work. I did however get a couple of pictures of some cool clothes that were going to be for sale. 


In the area? Check out the sale this Sunday!
WHEN: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 3.
WHERE: LSU 4-H Mini Barn, near the Parker Coliseum.
ADMISSION: $5 adults, $2 students with IDs.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails