So anyways, I'm on vacation reading different blogs and byHillary, one of the blogs I follow posted a Giveaway, challenging readers to create a smokey eye look. I say to self, I can do this. Then I notice, I'm not going to be home in time to complete this challenge, and I only have a small fraction of my make up with me.
So my challenge, create a smokey eye look, using what limited resources I have.
What I used:
- Mac's Paint Pot, Painterly
- Maybelline's Amethyst Smokes
- Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
- Estee Lauder Blush "Pink Kiss"
- Estee Lauder' Tiger Eye lipstick
- Mary Kay's Black Cherry lipstick
- Milani's Glitzy Glamourgloss
The Smokey Eye
- I started off with my normal base routine, then I started off my eyes with MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly as a base
- I then used the white and covered my eye to the brow
- Next I used the bright purple color and spread it from the lash line to the crease
- Then I took the darker purple and dusted it on the lid
- Taking the black, I then smudged it up from the lash line
- Then I lined my eyes with Maybelline Gel Liner, and used Loreal Voluminous Mascara
- To finish off the look, I used Estee Lauder Blush "Pink Kiss", then mixed Black Cherry and Tiger eye lipsticks and put gloss over it.
The Final look...
So a simple way to get a Glam Smokey eye look, working with what you have. An added bonus, if you don't have anything to work with, most of what I used is pretty simple to run to a drugstore and just pick up if you are in a bind.
Oh, and remember how I was saying I went to the outlets? Well I went to Fossil, almost bought another watch, but settled on buying a new pair of sunglasses. I actually bought 2 pairs... the other I shall show on a later date.