Friday, July 23, 2010

Nail Polish of the Week: DIY French

It has been a while since I last did a nail polish of the week. I was wearing Essie's Splash of Grenadine this week but never got a chance to do pictures of it, and it got messed up when I was doing Anna's nails... 
Anna has a wedding to go to today, but no time for a manicure... so we tried fake nails. I haven't done fake nails since I was little, and I had those play ones from the dollar store. But mom had heard that these worked well so time for an experiment.
The kit comes with 28 nails in 14 different sizes so its easy to mix and match the sizes, and you can easily use the included file to get the nails down to the perfect size. The easy application tabs, allow you to easily apply the nail and then you can twist them off.
I started off by thoroughly cleaning all nail polish off my nails. I then found the sizes fro all my nails and made sure everything fit, I think I only had to file down one of them down. The kit provides glue which is super strong and you just apply it to the nail then press it down on your own nail. 
So far the only thing I don't like about these nails is that some have a few bubbles under them. But overall I like them, I'm not used to having long nails. I am curious to see how they hold up. The box says 7 days we shall see!
Anna, has smaller hands and nails, so for her we got the petite pack, and they look really good too. 
So what do you think, have you ever tried fake nails? 
Don't forget to join my giveaway! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails