Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Crafty Side

I got good use out of my crafty side Thursday night when I was asked to make a Turtle T-shirt for the little sister (it was a school fun day and her class animal is the turtle). Mom expected me to just draw something onto the shirt with fabric markers.... I went a little more all out than she expected, but once there is a vision in your head, you just have to go with it.


For the front I took two pieces of felt and sewed them together leaving one side open, I stuffed it with a thin layer of batting then finished sewing and sewed lines across to make the front of the shell.

On the back, I decided to cut out hexagons in different colors of brown and stack them to give the shell depth. I then sewed all the layers of the hexagons together.

Then I sewed the hexagons to the turtle shell template. I made a border and sewed that on, then I sewed it down on the shirt.


With some left over fabric I made a little yellow flower headband for her hair.

I think it turned out too cute.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails