Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TOP 5 Glam: the Emmys

The Emmys were Sunday night, I know you watched the red carpet and I am sure you saw the whole fashion breakdowns Monday.  Well I didn't, I watched The Back Up Plan instead of the Emmys and only half watched the commentary on Monday night.

But if you go on style.com, they have a slide show of all the looks... I have chosen my top 5 to give my comments on. Mainly people who dressed well, and because I don't feel like being negative, I am not going to give a worst dressed, but if you really want to know, ask. So in no particular order my 5.


Danes- Armani Prive
Dancy- Burberry
Claire Danes, girl looked so good, I missed that Hugh Dancy was standing next to her!  This dress just looks awesome on her, and the color is just right. You see so many of these nude color dresses go so wrong, its refreshing to see one looking so right. You can't see it in this picture but her nails are a nude shade that match the dress and I want that color.

Jennifer Carpenter, I just started watching Dexter and I love her! I also love this dress, it is FIERCE. The dress features a long sleeve and it is just gorgeous. I think it is beautiful and she rocks it.
Monique Lhuillier, with a VBH clutch
Kyra Sedgwick, on the show I was watching they raved about this dress. I agree I like the dress, the color is different, but compliments her. But there is something about Kyra that always leaves me unsettled, I think its her mouth or maybe her head is too small?
Burberry
Jayma Mays, I love this dress on her, the color with her skin tone and hair is to die for. I would have done something different with the necklace. Maybe a bigger, statement piece.
Zac Posen
Christina Hendricks, I chose this dress more for the detailing at the waist and the color. I don't like the neckline or the wings. But the color is gorgeous with her coloring and I love the detailing in the dress.

See, that wasn't so bad, I wasn't so brutal. I did enjoy giving my Top 5 things... this maybe the start of something new. Who knows!

***All Pictures are from Style.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails